Beijing Borgward files for bankruptcy
日期：2023-03-29 23:21:14 / 人气：4
Photo credit: Beijing Borgward
The announcement explained that Beijing Borgward has been suffering from continuing losses generated by poor operations since its establishment. The company has been facing a severe financial crisis, with a capital chain rupture, causing its inability to recover from the situation and resume production. The company was drained to pay off its outstanding debts, and its current assets are not enough to settle the debts. Therefore, Beijing Borgward has officially filed for bankruptcy.
Beijing Borgward was founded in 2016 and is currently owned by Shenzhou Youche (Xiamen) Information Technology Co., Ltd. at the majority stake of 75.2065% and BAIC’s Beiqi Foton Motor Co., Ltd. with a 24.7935% stake.
The bankruptcy was not surprising to the industry, as earlier in June 2021, Beijing Borgward was already considering the possibilities. In October 2021, the company received a court-ordered seizure for its RMB2.2 billion worth of assets, petitioned by creditors.
The incident will also hit Foton Motor as its shareholder. Foton Motor said that it is projected to see its 2021 annual profits decrease by RMB5.326 billion ($836.26 million).
- “春之声 两岸情”在川台胞音乐会11日在成都举办2023-03-29 23:15
- SAIC Maxus boasts two2023-03-29 22:50
- Nissan’s China business achieves highest2023-03-29 22:41
- NIO sustains championship among China’s NEV startups by July insurance volume2023-03-29 22:28
- Horizon Robotics, SAIC Z2023-03-29 22:18
- BAIC Group, State Grid EV step up cooperation in battery swapping, charging businesses2023-03-29 21:50
- New Haval H6 hits the market with a starting price of RMB115,9002023-03-29 21:03
- Chongqing Changan Automobile turns losses into profits during first half of 20202023-03-29 20:57
- HOZON Auto introduces first digitalized model: NETA S2023-03-29 20:55
- GAC Group boasts two2023-03-29 20:41